Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rats! I Have No Time!!

August 24, 2015: Week 44
Area: Kitakami

Companions:  Uehara Choro and Morris Choro

Hey everyone! This past week kind of flew by. Sorry I don't really have a whole lot of time today. My Pday was kind of crazy and we lost most of our time. Saturday morning, right after we woke up, we got a call from President Smith. Everyone knows when your mission president calls you that early in the morning, something is up. So apparently, one of the APs is going home early for school, meaning they need to have the new AP a week early. So the Aomori ZL became AP and one of one of my companions got emergency transferred to Aomori. Because of that, we have been to Morioka today dropping off my companion, so it's been kind of a crazy week. Now it's me and Elder Morris left in Kitakami for another week until we have transfer calls. I'm a little nervous because it's my first time being the more experienced missionary in a companionship. It should be interesting. Hopefully, I don't burn Kitakami to the ground!

My week was pretty good. I'll have to think fast and give you some of the high points of the week. Tuesday, I went on splits in Kitakami with Elder Uehara and the Morioka zone leader, Elder Aono. It was a lot of fun. It's a little interesting to go streeting, especially as a three person companionship and me being the only American. Its pretty dang hard to enter a conversation! It was good though. We were able to hand out about 12 Books of Mormons in an hour, which is pretty good for Kitakami. I don't know if I usually see 12 people in a day! Just kidding, it's not that small.

Probably the highlight of the week was zone conference on Thursday. I love having zone conference and having the opportunity to hear from President and Sister Smith. Every time I hear President Smith talk, I know that he was called of God. In preparation for the conference, we read the Book of Moses. In the morning session, we talked a lot about the Plan of Salvation. President Smith taught and emphasized that each person on Earth accepted the Plan of Happiness in the pre-existence and our job as missionaries is to help them remember or come to know that. It gave us a great sense of realization that everyone on Earth are our brothers and sisters, but some of them weren't as lucky as us, being born without the gospel. So, it is our privilege as missionaries and members to help our brothers and sisters remember the choice they made before coming to Earth. 

Sister Smith talked about how we have the message of happiness and gladness and we should share it with gladness in our hearts and smiles on our faces. It was a very uplifting and inspiring meeting. It was a great day, except when we got home, I realized my iPad wasn't in my bag and that I had left it in the Morioka church. So now the zone leaders have it and I probably won't have it again until Sunday! Kind of a bummer...

Well that is probably about it. I'm sorry this is so short. I promise I'll be more exciting next week. Things in Kitakami are going well. I'm a little nervous for the upcoming week being an inexperienced senior companion and with transfer calls next week, but I'm excited to see what is in store! I love you guys! I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Nathan Didericksen

No comments:

Post a Comment