Saturday, February 7, 2015

We found a miracle!

February 1, 2015: Week 15
Area: Hirosaki

Companion: Dowdy Choro

Hey everyone!! It was so nice to hear from all of you!! Sounds like it was a great week for all of you! My week was pretty awesome and we experienced a pretty cool miracle in a way.

Tuesday was my split with Igawa Choro. It was my first full day working with just a Nihonjin. I was so nervous for it but it ended up being way fun! At the start of comp study, it was pretty hard to get across what I wanted to say and to understand what he was saying, but as we got into the flow of things, it wasn't that bad. After our morning studies, we walked around 30 minutes to go visit one of the member's houses. HIs name is Ishikawa Kyodai and he's an old dude who lives alone. We have been suspecting for the last couple weeks that he has been smoking so we went to go check up on him. His apartment is pretty sketchy and tiny, but that is kinda what most apartments here are. We talked to him a little bit about the prophets and apostles. I was able to testify that they are called of God and if we follow their teachings, we will be protected and blessed. It was a good time. After that, we went to do a *role play* lesson with a less active that he has been working with. He speaks a ton of tsugaruban with is the super impossible to understand slang that they use here. We taught him about faith but it was kinda pointless cause he wasn't really paying attention the whole time.

It was actually pretty fun to talk to Igawa Choro all day. I hadn't really talked to him that much until that day. It definitely was challenging to speak in Japanese all day, but it was actually pretty enjoyable.

Later that night, while our district was dong Chirashi Kubari *english class flyers*, we found a kid who might become an investigator. He is in High School and an aspiring DJ. His DJ name is DJminimumShark. Is that not the coolest name of an investigator or what?! At the end of the day, I was way exhausted! Thinking and struggling in Japanese all day is pretty tiring, but it was a great day. Igawa Choro later told Dowdy Choro that my Japanese was pretty good for being a first transfer missionary, and that I could actually teach pretty well for my limited language capabilities. It was a good confidence booster for me. I just want to step it up and improve a ton this second transfer cause I want to be well on my way when Dowdy leaves. I will keep working!!

The next day, we experienced something pretty cool. We were walking quite a ways to find an old investigators house. After going to the address, the apartment we were looking for wasn't there. It was getting late and so we decided to start heading back. After walking for like 5 to 10 minutes, me and Dowdy Choro both had a feeling we should turn around and go back and knock a few of the doors at the apartments, so we followed what we felt. We knocked the first three and no one answered the door. We went to the next one and knocked and the person who answered the door was not expected. Remember that guy from Ghana named Abul I told you about 3 weeks ago? We got his information but we haven't been able to get a hold of him and we thought he was gone. Well when we knocked on the door, it was Abdul who answered it! We somehow stumbled across his apartment! It was pretty crazy. He invited us in and we talked to him for about an hour. We got to know him and learned his beliefs and what's important to him. He is a Muslim and has very strong faith. And then we talked a little about how we believe in the same sort of things and we would love to teach him more. He said he is busy with school until the semester ends on the 9th, and then we can teach him. He said he will introduce us to his Japanese friends too! It was a pretty cool miracle. We are hoping this leads to something really awesome. It was a great experience, especially since it was my first time on the mission where we followed a prompting and found a miracle!

On Friday, we went to Aomori again to go to another zone meeting. It is pretty fun to see and talk to the other missionaries in the zone and see how they are doing. It kinda feels like a big family. One of the elders in Misawa *the area with the american air base* brought me Poptarts from the air base, which was awesome. We learned how we can teach more like Christ taught. They challenged us to try our best to live what we teach, and do whatever we can to be that light and example that people need. It was a pretty good training.

Last night, we went to the Mikami family's house. Mikami Kyodai is the branch president here. They were having us over cause we received transfer calls and two missionaries are going to Morioka, Igawa Choro and Gallagher Shimai. Igawa is being replaced with an American so we will only have Americans in our apartment which isn't that good cause its always nice to have someone completely fluent there. And he's a way good cook too, meaning I need to learn how to actually make food besides eggs.

It was a pretty awesome week. We worked really hard and were able to see some miracles. Great things are happening in Hirosaki. Kimura San is being baptized on Saturday, and we just found a woman through Eikaiwa who wants to be baptized as well. It's difficult at times, especially since its really hard to get investigators to church, but we are starting to see some progression out of them. Missionary work is awesome. I just can't wait till I can speak the language, then it will be way fun!

Well that's about it! Crazy that I'm already done with my first transfer. It's kinda going by fast in a way, and I heard it only gets faster! I love you guys so much! I miss you, but I know I'm supposed to be here! Ill keep working hard! Love you! Have a great week!

Love, Didericksen Choro

 Way good Ramen Shop in Aomori. The type of ramen we are eating is called tsukemen. It was soooo good!

mikami Kazoku

No comments:

Post a Comment